Copyright © 2018 BVM Holy Cross College. All Rights Reserved.
Affiliated to Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam
Managed by Holy Cross Forane Church, Cherpunkal
BVM Holy Cross College, Cherpunkal provides a platform of opportunities to students to showcase their talents and communicate in English. The following programmes aim at the complete development of the students as global citizens, excellent in using English Language.
1. Newspaper Reading
• 3 minutes
• During the first hour
• Will be engaged by the teacher who takes the first hour
• Students will be assigned as per roll number
• A record of this should be maintained and duly signed by the class teacher
2. Short Speech
• 3 minutes speech
• During every English hour
• For the third years the same will be conducted during the first hour.
• Students are assigned based on roll numbers.
• A record of this should be maintained and duly signed by the English teacher & the class teacher (for the third years)
3. Grammar Tests
• Will be conducted during English hours every Friday.
• Questions will be given and the students have to answer them
4. Best quote & Word of the Day
• The students should write an inspiring quote as well as a new word on the board every day .
• Based on roll numbers
5. English Carnival
• On February 2015
• A programme for 15 consecutive days classes from 9.30 am – 3.30 pm
• Programmes will be from 12.30 – 1.00 pm
• Each class will be given each day to showcase their talents.
6. Literary Daffodils
7. Twinkling English Champs