NATIONAL SERVICE SCHEME
The National Service Scheme (NSS) of BVMHCC has a long tradition of undertaking various programmes for the skill development of the students and to inculcate a sense of social responsibility among the students. The NSS has units in the campus. The aim of NSS is the development of students through community service.The Motto of National Service Scheme is “Not Me But You”. This expresses the essence of democratic living and upholds the need for selfless service. It underlines that the welfare of an individual depends on the welfare of the society on the whole.
- We created a bio-diversity register of Kozhuvanal Panchayath depicting the details of various endemic, endangered and medicinal plants of that area
- The NSS unit maintains a beautiful herbal garden in front of the college enriched with a lot of rare medicinal plants
- We conducted a survey in Mutholy Panchayath regarding the environmental cleanliness of the area and made valuable suggestions based on our study
- Blood donation camps are organised regularly to promote voluntary blood donation among our volunteers
- We provided labour assistance to four houses in Kidangoor Panchayath
- A road was built in Mutholy Panchayath in connection with our 7-day special camp
- Besides these activities, the NSS unit is keen to provide various classes to volunteers such as legal awareness, substance abuse, media and values, HIV/AIDS etc
- We observes various days such as environmental day, independence day, Gandhi Jayanthi, etc
- In order to develop an empathetic attitude towards the poor and marginalised section of the society, we conducts observation visit to various institutions like Maria sadanam, Devadan Centre etc and perform various cultural activities to entertain inmates.